Infantile Eczema normally appears in 2 forms; Wet or Dry. In Wet Eczema, the skin is red, inflamed and oozing with blisters. In Dry Eczema, the skin is dry, leathery and cracked. It can also exfoliate a lot with plenty of skin flakes for you to clear up.
Wet Eczema Natural Treatment
- The best thing to do is simply keep your child’s skin dry. Using clay baths is extremely soothing and useful.
All you do is put a handful of Argiletz clay in the bath and this will keep the skin free from infection. You can use either the white or green variety of Argiletz Clay.
- Do not use soap. Gently use a soft flannel to clean your child’s skin.
- Apply a generous amount of Forever Living Aloe Vera gelly to eczema patches to soothe and calm the red, inflamed eczema patches.
- Put on loose cotton clothing. Preferably 1 or 2 sizes up.
Dry Eczema Natural Treatment
- Instead of using Clay for baths, use Dead Sea Salts – 1 handful in the bath and 1 handful of freshly ground oatmeal. Also add 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive oil to the bath. Take care when stepping out of the bath.
- Moisturise damp skin with Aloe Vera Gelly mixed with 2 tablespoons of Olive oil or Shea butter if the skin is cracked.
- You do not need to use soap except Turkish Olive Oil Soap for hairy parts.
Foods for Infant Eczema
- Make plenty of cooling cucumber juice and smoothies.
- Make a large batch of chicken wings and vegetable broth. Very tasty and nutritious for growing children. Simply put onions, carrots, potatoes, brussel sprouts, cabbage, tomatoes, garlic cloves, ginger, fenugreek seed powder and curry with olive oil into a large family pot. Add chicken wings and cook for 1 hour. Add Braggs’ Apple cider vinegar to taste. (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- Also cook food with olive oil, coconut oil or palm oil when making gravies, curries or stews. This moisturises the skin from within.
Foods To Avoid
- Dairy except natural Greek Yoghurt
- Sugary drinks – Wean children off these by diluting with water for 2 weeks until child is only drinking water or peppermint herbal tea. Their taste buds will have changed by then.
Supplements for Children
- Probiotics – I recommend Biokult capsules which you can put in warm food or yoghurt. 1 capsule a day should do.
- Evening primrose oil – 2 capsules 2ce daily for babies. Put in their food by pricking and adding the oil to it.
- For older children, 2 capsules 3ce daily in their food. Let the food cool for 5 minutes first.
- Make sure house is well ventilated and not stuffy. This allows air to circulate round your home.
- Place green leafy plants in your rooms to provide more oxygen
- Replace air fresheners and fragrant toiletries with essential oils like Lavender or Peppermint. Just sprinkle a few drops on the walls
- Put central heating on the lowest setting
- Use cotton throwovers and sheets instead of duvets to prevent child overheating at night.
- Use leather sofas instead of fabric sofas which retain a lot of dust.
- Replace your carpets with wooden or tile flooring
- Just use cotton runners or small cotton carpets in your home. They are easy to wash in the machine.
- Do not use fabric softeners or conditioners for your clothes. Use essential oils in washing machine instead. You only need about 5 drops of oil per 5kg load.
This may seem like a lot of rules and regulations, but if you study it carefully, it will make sense as you apply and do this.
If you have any questions about this article, please let me know and I will reply you in a day.